Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Summer Blogging Challenge...(and what I did today)

Bloggermint
I love posting on my blog...but sometimes during the school year, I get sooooo busy.  I really would like to spend more time on it, so I decided to challenge myself.  I am going to try to do a blog post every single day of my summer vacation...school end to school begin.  I told a few of my friends about my idea and they raised their eyebrows at me.  I know they were thinking, "You?  No way..."  Granted, it is a big task, even for some more seasoned or professional bloggers than I am.  But to be sure, it won't always be a long post with several pictures.  Some days it may be one picture.  Or maybe text with no pictures at all, telling about my day.  Some days it might be about gardening...some days about cooking...and some days it might be about my kids.  Some days it might even be about the silly mundane thing I did that day.  Like today.

Purple Plastic Quilted Purse with gold chain strap
My Purple Plastic Purse

Today, I switched purses.  Now guys, I can hear you groaning and checking out already, but bear with me, this is kind of funny and I'll make it quick.  This is my old purse, which I love, but someone referred to it as a 'suitcase' the other day.  I was a little offended, but when I saw a 'new to me' green purse at a consignment store this weekend, I took it as a sign.  I do get tired of hauling this big purple thing around when I'm shopping or doing fun things in the summer.  The only reason I need such a big purse is that I spend the majority of my days almost an hour from my house.  And I'm a little girl scout, I like to be prepared. 

 Earth Tones Green Purse
My new (earth tones) green purse for summer

But now that the school year is over, and I will be spending most of my time at home, or out doing things with the family, I decided to ditch some of the extra baggage...sort of. 

Too much stuff to fit in my new purse
All the stuff that was left over after I put the essentials in my new purse

After I painfully decided what things were essential and would fit in the little green purse, this is what is left over.  Ladies, note the Haut Totes zipper pouch with my cosmetics and such.  Yes, I discovered I had two entire bottles of Ibuprofen in my purse. 

Pile of Pens, Pencils, and Highlighters
Pens and pencils that were in my purple purse

I'm a little embarrassed to show you how many pens and pencils I found in the purple bag.  This is after I took out 4 or 5 of my favorites to put in the green bag.  Can you tell I'm afraid of being without a writing utensil?

 Haut Totes bag to hold extra stuff
Haut Totes bag to hold all the extra stuff I'm afraid to leave at home but that won't fit in my new purse

I couldn't quite bring myself to leave all the extra stuff at home.  What if I'm at the butterfly gardens and I decide I need a yellow highlighter?  What if I'm at Walmart at 2 AM one night in July and the florescent lights give me a headache?  (I guess I could just buy some if I was at Walmart).  But you get my point...I was afraid of needing some of this.  So I put it in my Haut Totes bag, and it will come with me in my little blue van all summer.  But I can leave it in the car, and not drag it with me.  I feel this was a nice compromise.  My right shoulder will thank me later.

I hope you will join me on my blogging journey this summer.  I expect somewhere I will miss a day, but I am striving for as close to 100% as possible.  I would love it if you were there with me...reading and commenting.  Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the new blogging challenge. I think I will join you and commit to once a week (baby steps.) It made me laugh that you now have a "backup purse" in the van--what a Girl Scout! I am looking forward to reading your daily chronicles and antics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea to blog everyday! I usually try for 3-5 times a week, but it's tough sometimes. Good luck!

    The new purse is cute, too, but I like the Haut Totes bag even better. I have a pen hoarding problem, too.

    You're trading down in purses and I'm going up. I'll have to start carrying a diaper bag again in just a few days. Urgh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Nicole! Blog with me...we will do it! Melissa...maybe it goes with my weight loss. Skinny new me...wanted skinny little purse. My shoulder was really starting to get tired lately though. Yes, you will have the diaper bag...but you get the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! I have two blogs: my garden blog in English and my blog about everything in Russian. This year, I decided to post every day in my Russian blog. I do it! Sometimes, I post twice in one day. The only time when I skip a day or two is when I am traveling. If I can do it, you can do it too!
    I like your purses and I laughed when I saw all your writing tools!
    Good luck to you! Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete

I borrowed this from another blog...

Comments to a blog are like chocolate to a woman...FEED ME!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails