Friday, June 24, 2011

Dreaming of Hostas to Come

Bloggermint
 
This is a nice shot of my shade garden.  This is the only shade bed in my entire yard.  The edges of it could even be called part shade...which is why I put the yellowish hostas in the edges.  Lately, I have been thinking about expanding this area.  I know this isn't what DH wants to hear, but I think this will be the area that gets moved out for next year.  If you look in the picture, you can see a space between that tree and the bed, where there is currently grass.  I think that is the perfect width for a path.  I have been working on a path through my front flower beds.  I am thinking now that the path in the front will come around the house, meander through the shade garden and connect to the cement patio in the back.

So, I will need to create a new bed that goes around the tree somehow.  Something like a long oval or crescent shape that bends to compliment the shape of the current shade bed.  When the new bed is complete under the tree, the space that is left between the two beds will be the path.  A new flower bed means I can go buy a bunch more new hostas.  What else do you think I should put in it?  What varieties of hosta would you recommend?  I am fond of larger ones, and especially the really, really blue ones.  Maybe I could do a bed of all blue hosta varieties...what do you think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I borrowed this from another blog...

Comments to a blog are like chocolate to a woman...FEED ME!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails