Saturday, July 23, 2011

Boys & Bugs (& Brothers...)

Bloggermint
Yesterday my brother and his family came up to Iowa to visit us.  His two little boys are a little younger than my son, and I am absolutely delighted when I get to see them.  They wanted to see something cool in Iowa, so of course I took them to one of our favorite places, Reiman Gardens.  The boys loved the butterflies especially...they got as close as possible to check out the wings.


Since they are all boys, they seem to get along well, and they have similar interests.  I like this shot of them looking awed by the beauty of the butterflies. 


We have had some almost record heat this week, and what is a hot day without....ICE CREAM. 


Some of us wear it more than others...lol.


The boys got to work out some of their energy on the chimes...they all took a turn making some music. 


We got to spend a whole day together, which only happens a few times a year.  I really want my son to know his extended family and be close to them, so he has a support system as he grows up.  On the other side, I want my nephews to know me as they grow up as well. 


After we left the gardens, they came over to my house and I got to cook them dinner.  We got to talk a long time, and then they headed home.  It really was a wonderful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I borrowed this from another blog...

Comments to a blog are like chocolate to a woman...FEED ME!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails