Monday, May 25, 2009

What do you mean I have to go back to work?

Bloggermint
As far as I am concerned, it feels like summer to me. The weather is warm, almost hot, and we are out in the yard almost all the daylight hours. We had to put on sunblock before going for our walk...I had to spray the kids with bug spray to fend off the mosquitoes. I worked in the garden and got very sweaty and had to come in and sit in front of the fan. All signs point to being done with the school year. However, upon consulting the school calendar, I discover I have to work tomorrow...this is just wrong!

Here, the kids are getting the corn ready to cook for our Memorial Day weekend grill-out. All the husks go into the compost.

The 'cheerful' workers pose for a picture. The oldest one is usually quite willing to help; the younger two...well, let's say they need a little more persuading.

The grilling was fantastic. We had 'happy' brats and pork chops. (Happy= meat that comes from free-range, family farms, where the animals live comfortable, happy existences without horomones, unnatural foods, or unneeded antibiotics) We had tons of corn on the cob and watermelon.


My guys is getting some work done on his hobby car. I got tons of stuff planted. Watermelon, ornamental gourds, corn, and more carrots. I also finished hoeing the whole garden. Now that the weeds are under control again, I can work on maintaining it. Since I should REALLY be done with school next week, I will have more time to fight the weeds.

This is a picture my five-year-old took of me tonight. He isn't too bad with the camera. Most of the time he actually gets his subject in the shot. Lol. And yes, that is A-team on the TV in the background. Yay, retro television. We watched Knightrider before that. It was raining this evening, so we had to clean house inside instead of going for our walk.

Edith the guinea pig, dressed in her new party dress. I found this in the clearance bin at Walmart. It is meant for small dogs...but it makes a great pig outfit. You can see how excited she is to be wearing it.


I haven't tried it on the other pig yet. She looks like a little flapper. He he. Anyways, you can see that I am obviously hard at work on my holiday weekend. But honestly, I did get a lot of work done in the yard. And I caught up on my housework for the time being. House cleaning has been taking a backseat to gardening for several weeks now. I am looking forward to sleeping in, being outside, and spending time with my son. Yay summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I borrowed this from another blog...

Comments to a blog are like chocolate to a woman...FEED ME!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails