Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Tale of Two Birthdays, Some Slippin' and Slidin'

Bloggermint

All of our three combined children have their birthdays in the span of two months.  Two of them are within two weeks of each other.  We usually have the family party for my son and stepdaughter at the same time.  This year, my son wanted to do SpongeBob for a theme. 


For some reason, I have a tradition of making at least one flag item for the party.  I guess it is probably because their birthdays straddle the fourth of July.  Usually it is a dessert, but this year I made a flag taco salad. 


All the kids flocked to the strawberries first, of course, which I guess is a good thing. They love fruit and veggies. 


My stepdaughter got the entire Twilight series as her main present.  Her response was "Woooooooh!"


Here my son is showing off his gladiator style foam sticks.  I expect he will be beating the heck out of his stepbrother on a regular basis. 


One of my son's presents was a slip and slide.  The day after the party, it was hot, so we hooked it up for the kids to try it out. 


After they tired of sliding down the slip and slide, they got out their squirters and proceeded to wage war.


I just had to keep them from squirting me with the camera!


Here is a video of the kids running and doing their best slides.  I remember slip and slides being torture devices when I was a kid.  It seems a little better now, but it still looks painful to me. They seem to be having fun though. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the flag taco dip. I like taco dip a little too much. Isn't it funny how boy and girl presents differ? She got a romantic novel, he got sticks to beat people with. ;)

    I remember the slip and slide always giving me bruises. I think they're best on very soft ground with no sticks. otherwise, OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party! The decor rocks, as well as the people in the pics.....Looks like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete

I borrowed this from another blog...

Comments to a blog are like chocolate to a woman...FEED ME!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails