Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself! My friend Melissa over at C'est la Vie did this in celebration of her son's 1st birthday, and I thought I'd try it myself!
1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes, I had been off my depo shot for over a year before I got pregnant. I took birth control pills to start my cycle again, and then my husband caught it before I did. I was totally exhausted. I would come home from work and go to sleep at 6 o'clock, and sleep the night through. My husband told me I was probably pregnant, so I tried a home test, and we were shocked that it actually was positive.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes, were married at that time. We are divorced now. At that time, we had been married for 4 years.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Excitement, but fear. We had never done this before, so we had no idea what to expect. My son's dad didn't get really excited until he found out we were having a boy.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Never. I believe in a woman's right to choose, but that would never be my choice.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 24...I turned 25 while I was pregnant.
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Like I said, my exhusband suspected my extreme tiredness was actually pregnancy. I took a home pregnancy test, got in the shower, and while I was showering, he came in, looked at the test and told me it was positive.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? My ex knew before me, I actually don't remember who I told in what order after that. I was too excited to wait too long to tell people.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? We went back and forth on that. Finally, we decided to know the first time and not find out on future children. That worked out well (sarcasm).
9. DUE DATE? July 4th, 2003.
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? I had so much morning sickness you couldn't even call it that. It was more like all-day sickness. I had to carry plastic bags around with me in the car in case I got sick while driving. I had to snack constantly to try and keep my stomach calm, which caused me to gain weight early in the pregnancy.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? I was totally turned off by chicken the first few months. I don't remember having many cravings, but one time I called my ex and told him I wanted kraft mac'n'cheese with jalapenos mixed into it.
12. WHAT IRRITATED YOU? I basically didn't sleep the whole third trimester. My son danced around and had a good old time every night while I tried to sleep, I was so uncomfortable, I basically couldn't find a position to sleep in that worked.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? male
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Nope. I was happy to have a boy. Sometimes I wished to have a girl, but I am actually glad I didn't have to do all the ribbons and hair bows and tights.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY Around 50.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? I had 2 baby showers, one with my work friends, and one at my mother-in-law's house in Kansas City. A lot of people came to both.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I did know about both of them.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? I had some spotting early in my pregnancy, so I got to have a lot of ultrasounds. Other than that, it was pretty routine.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Mercy Hospital in Des Moines.
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I was induced 3 days before I was due because I was huge and very uncomfortable. I had one of those doctors that was okay with that, and I wanted the baby OUT. I went in at midnight, got induced, and had my son and was finishing up by 10 am.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My ex-husband.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? The nurses and my ex. My mother-in-law got there shortly after my son was born. The doctor barely got there in time to catch. I had to laugh, because my water waited really far into the labor to break, and they were going to break it for me, but then it kind of popped. It sprayed everyone on that end of me, and they all yelled. Yes, gross, but in a way kind of hilarious.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? It was a vaginal birth, if that is what you mean. My son's head was so huge, they used the vacuum to help him down and out. He didn't even have a conehead afterwards.
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Yes, I tried one medicine early on, but it just made me sleepy and didn't really cut the pain. I progressed so fast, the anesthesiologist barely got there in time to get the epidural in. After that, it was a piece of cake!
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 lbs 11 oz. . He was 20½ inches long.
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN 10:11 a.m. on July 1st.
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? I won't give that information out, but it is a traditional name. It was the only one we could agree on.
Feel free to copy this survey into your own blog and change the info to share your pregnancy story!