Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dive In!

Bloggermint

Last weekend we made our annual trip to a local pumpkin farm.  One of the kids' favorite parts is the corn pool. You might ask, what is a corn pool?  Well, duh!  It is a pool filled with corn.  No, really, they take a shallow pool and fill it a few feet deep with dried corn kernels.  I don't think I've ever seen anything like this anywhere else.  The kids love digging and wallowing in the sea of yellow corn.  One of their favorite things to do is to jump into it.


One, two, three...


JUMP!


 And the crowd goes wild!!!! (Rawwwwwwww)


They also enjoy burying each other up to their necks...


And slithering through the corn like a snake...


Me, I personally enjoyed sitting and taking it all in while snuggling with my sweetie...


My stepson enjoyed snuggling with this little sweetie... This is the son of my friend Melissa from Illinois.  We visit each other at least a couple times every year.  She likes to tease me about how many cornfields and how few Starbucks there are in Iowa.  I like to tease her about how you have to take out a loan or sell your first born child in order to do activities near Chicago.  I'm starting to see city mouse, country mouse parallels here. Anyways, her son is almost 2, and he was a lot of fun for all of us, especially the kids.  He did NOT like the corn pool at first, but relaxed a little and starting rolling around by the time we got out.  He even ended up with corn in his diaper!  I think everybody ended up with corn in weird places...but my son had everybody beat...


What?  Isn't that how you carry your corn?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time and tons of fun! We will be doing the pumpkin patch this weekend and apples. So excited!

    ReplyDelete

I borrowed this from another blog...

Comments to a blog are like chocolate to a woman...FEED ME!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails