Friday, July 26, 2013

A 6-Month Birthday and a Surprise

Bloggermint
You know in your logical mind that a baby is going to take over your life for quite a while.  Saying that, and thinking you know that, is NOT the same as living it.  For example, Blake had his 6-month birthday 2 days ago, and this is the first time I have ever did a blog post with him in it.  I was thinking about my blog, and how long it had been since I posted, and I really couldn't believe it had been that long.  I have been too busy to even blog once for 6 months.

So being that he has reached his half-year birthday, I'd like to officially welcome Blake Montgomery Erickson to my blog. 


We have been expecting a tooth for a while now.  He has been showing all the classic symptoms: excessive drooling, ear pulling, slight fever, etc.  Right before we left to go camping this week, I finally felt it, a sharp ridge poking up through his bottom gum.  Now we had a reason to break out this festive "Yay! My first tooth!" onesie. 




I tried to get a picture of his tooth, but this was the best I could do.  He is difficult enough to get a picture of in the first place, he moves so much.  When I was trying to photograph his tooth, I got a surprise.  TWO TEETH.  Side by side on the bottom.  Evidently he is taking after his brother, who lost all his baby teeth in two's. 

He is also nearly ready to crawl.  It is going to happen any day now.  When I look back on his first year, I will remember how many milestones he hit right around his 6-month birthday. 



1 comment:

  1. Teeth already!? My kids were 10 or 11 months before they got teeth. He is an overachiever, obviously. I can't wait to meet him. :)

    ReplyDelete

I borrowed this from another blog...

Comments to a blog are like chocolate to a woman...FEED ME!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails