Monday, August 3, 2009

Funny Pics...& The Tomatoes Are Coming, The Tomatoes are Coming

Bloggermint
Can anyone tell that I am highly amused by these LOL cat pictures? I am also rather fond of crustaceans, so this pic is the best of both worlds.

Okay, don't call the animal cruelty people on this one...Gertie (yes, that is the guinea pig's name) got herself into this mess. I put the cardboard tube into their cage because I thought they might like to chew on it. Gertie gets freaked out and bolts into the igloo whenever anyone comes into the room. She even does that for me, and I am the one that has fed her for over 3 years. She must have been startled and ran straight through the tube. I still don't know how she did it...I came in later and she was laying with this around her middle. She wasn't hurt, just a little uncomfortable looking. And, does mommy immediately get her out of that mess? No, mommy goes and gets the camera first, because this is funny! Then I got her out.

This is my produce scrubbing brush girl. I don't know if she has a name. I just tell her to shut up and scrub the carrots. Ha ha. My bestest friend Erynia (her twitter name) got me this for Christmas last year. I have got a lot of use out of her so far. Now, if you have small children around, you might want to cover their eyes or have them leave the room...

Because here she is without her outfit. Pretty cute, huh? Her stand is her dress. They actually make different versions of this. I looked on the back of the stand and in my kitchen, but I couldn't find the information on where she came from. Maybe erynia remembers.

This is Maggie, our cockatiel...or rather, she belongs to my guy. I don't think she cares much for me. She knew him before I did, and she decided he was her mate. Then I come along and steal her boyfriend out from under her. I guess I'd be snippy too. She tolerates me because I bring her upstairs so she can have carpet time in the evenings when my guy is at work. Otherwise, she has no use for me. Here she was trying to finish off my leftover noodles. She was dipping her head into the bowl and gobbling them up.

This is my nephew...he is hilarious. He looks like a mini-me version of my brother, except with hair. He will be three in November already. Time flies.

And now, a sigh of relief because all my heirlooms appear to be setting fruit. I was out in the 90 degree heat today staking up my tomato plants. I have a little bit of leaf spot, but it appears to be mostly controlled. I have a trellis, a tepee, and several cages holding up my 18 tomato plants.

I don't remember which kind this is, but I have good sized tomatoes going. I guess I will figure out which ones are which when they start ripening. And God must have a sense of humor, because I figure that will be about the time that I go back to work. I will be working full time, taking care of my son, and spending several hours each night making salsa and tomato sauce. I won't do anything else for about 3-4 weeks. Well, I will process other foods, as well, but I will work and can foods steady for at least a month. It is fun, but exhausting...and totally worth it to have yummy salsa in January.

4 comments:

  1. i love the vegtable scrub brush, sher is so cute! The pic of your garden looks fabulous! Makes me sad summer will be over soon, and the end of summer gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG your nephew looks just like your brother! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog with nice picture. Enjoyed going through it. Keep it up the good work. Cheers :) beth www.iflorist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi GardenMom,
    It's my first visit here and very enjoyable it has been so far: the vegetables and recipes look lovely, and you little boy is an added bonus. I love the scrub brush, do you know where your friend got it from? If not, doesn't matter. I am going to log it in the back of my head and maybe try and make something (oneday) from recycled material.

    I am off now to check out the rest of your blog.
    And Thank You!

    ReplyDelete

I borrowed this from another blog...

Comments to a blog are like chocolate to a woman...FEED ME!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails